My Little Sister Can Read Kanji
My Little Sister Can Read Kanji is a Light Novel series written by Takashi Kajii and Illustrated by Halki Minamura. Published by J-Novel Club, this series has 3 Volumes so far.
SynopsisThe year is 2202, and Japan has become the land of moe. Aspiring author Gin Imose and his little sister Kuroha are traveling to TOKYO to meet with the world famous author, Gai Odaira. Kuroha is uninterested in his orthodox literary style, and amazingly is able to read ancient modern Japanese books written in kanji! This fateful encounter sets off a chain of events that could change the course of literary history! Could it be that, long ago, books could be about more than little sisters showing their panties and getting in compromising situations with their non-blood- related older brothers? Impossible! It's hard to even imagine a Japan where everyone could read kanji and the Prime Minister was a 3D human being...
- English Title: My Little Sister Can Read Kanji
- Japanese Title: 僕の妹は漢字が読める — Boku no Imouto wa Kanji ga Yomeru
- Author: Takashi Kajii
- Illustrator: Haruki Minamura
- Translator: Samuel Pinansky
- Editor: Emily Sorensen
- Language: English US
- Genre: Comedy, Harem, Romance, School Life
- Original Run: June 2011 – July 2012
- English Run: December 2016 – ongoing
- Japanese Publisher: HJ Bunko (Hobby Japan)
- English Publisher: J-Novel Club
- Volumes in Japanese: 5 (Completed)
- Volumes in English: 3 (In Progress)
- Average Price Per Volume: Kindle $7 — iBook $7 — Kobo $7
- Tag: comedy, siscon, literature, satire, moe, incest
List of Volumes
Volume 1Amazon — iBook — J-Novel Club — Kobo
Released December 17, 2016 — ASIN: B01MEEX5DR
Volume 2Amazon — iBook — J-Novel Club — Kobo
Released March 3, 2017 — ASIN: B01MT48UG8
Volume 3Amazon — iBook — J-Novel Club — Kobo
Released May 21, 2017 — ASIN: B06XFLDV4B
Volume 4Amazon — iBook — J-Novel Club — Kobo
Released - — ASIN: -
Volume 5Amazon — iBook — J-Novel Club — Kobo
Released - — ASIN: -
This book, My Little Sister Can Read Kanji, is without a doubt a savage depiction of the world and / or the popculture. 2D characters are used for just everything, books are about cute girls showing their panties and the Japanese language stopped using their kanji. And then you have a little sister that can read kanji and an older brother who enjoys the modern literature.
The remarks of Kuroha are really fitting for the most of the time.
I thought it was going on with their normal daily lifes and their normal day to day stuff. But no, we actually got some sort of story here! This was quite the surprise. I'm quite interested in how it will continue.
ConclusionThank you for reading this article i hope you can enjoy My Little Sister Can Read Kanji series.